Role of the ship, how can I change it?

General Discussions
Degur
Voyager
Voyager

Role of the ship, how can I change it?

Post by Degur »

If I hit F1 in the ship/base design window, I can see under the name ( Mothership 4 )
the entry : Role Attack.
If I hover the mouse over the point 2 it says : define its role ( default behavior )

In game I can not find it in the design window !
There are only the Name, Cost, Industry and Maintenaince, but no Role.

If I hover with my mouse over a built ship, I can see the Name, Taskforce, Class, Role, Core Systems, Crew and so on...

I like to replace the Trooptransports with an Attack Design and i looks strange when my new Destroyers ( the replacement for the Trooptransport ) Role is Invasor, but there are no ground troops on board.

Same for my first Cruisers, many H weapons with some L as anti missile/fighter support and no troops but their Role is called Invasor.... :(

So how can I change the Role?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Role of the ship, how can I change it?

Post by Zaimat »

The role of a ship affects the AI races but does not for player ships. We used to have it during the Alpha version on ship design, there was some thoughts on giving it some additional functionality to have the role effect player ships in combat but this is not something we pursued.

It looks like a few traces have remained. I'll make sure we update those since they serve no purpose and take it out of context for player ships. Thank you for noting it.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Degur
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Role of the ship, how can I change it?

Post by Degur »

Thank you very much for your answer.

Good to know that I can ignore it. Thought I was missing a well hidden design part. :)