Which platforms will Horizon be on?

General Discussions
Omaha
Voyager
Voyager

Which platforms will Horizon be on?

Post by Omaha »

Firstly, congrats on the publishing deal! I'm sure you've been waiting for that for some time.

Secondly, I noticed in your FAQ that you mentioned the game coming out from Windows. Will we see the game on other platforms? Mac, Linux, consoles, mobile, Ouya? (I think I covered everything there).

Saracen
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Which platforms will Horizon be on?

Post by Saracen »

I can see Mac & Linux being a possibility. But that's dependant on which engine is being used and whether it has been considered from the very beginning. Although converting isn't always too difficult.

Consoles and Mobile would be extremely doubtful... and as much as I'd love for every game to be on OUYA (I champion that console daily on Facebook!)... I doubt we'll see it there either.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

As of this time, PC is the targeted platform. There aren't any plans for porting at this time, but I imagine if there's a demand and we find the resources, it might be possible for other platforms later on.

Personally, I'd like to port it to Linux

Saracen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Saracen »

Linux is slowly gaining some superior weight and support around it since Steam stepped forward. This was brilliant news to me as I've been a Linux user since 2006. The only issue has been the games compatibility. As good as WINE is getting nowadays to help improve compatibility, I still have to revert to Windows to play certain games I love that are purely Windows dependant.

I dislike that fully. And once more modern games drop Win XP as a compatible OS. Then I will revert to Linux only for modern gaming. Instead what I'll probably do is drop Windows entirely from dual-boot and use Linux exclusively. Then I will just set up Win XP in a virtual machine for the classics. This is because I detest Windows 8 with a passion, and Vista/7 play havoc with my hardware (DVD drive compatibility & Memory constraint issues).

In truth I really need to build a new PC.