Trade in Horizon 2?

General Discussions
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Trade in Horizon 2?

Post by Anguille »

I am wondering if you are going to increase the involvment of players in the trading systems of Horizon. Other recent games like Endless Space 2 or Stellaris have included specific features regarding this.

Thanks
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Trade in Horizon 2?

Post by Zaimat »

Simulating Trade (and Tourism) was always important for your economy in Horizon. The presentation though was quite abstracted/at a High-Level on the map and on the colonies, with control limited to building choices and diplomacy pacts.

We will have more control in the new game with diplomacy resource trading between factions as well as the pacts. There is also a galactic market which dictates and displays resource prices based on supply/demand and the ability to trade directly with the market.

Along with more resource types and a more visible representation of trade/traders on the map. There is of course room to expand the system further in the future. Did you have anything specific that you have seen or would like to see added?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

I do like the way trade is being implemented in Horizon (somewhat similar to the one in Armada 2526). What i would love to see is a window like in Endless Space 2 where we can see all the detailed information on what is being traded etc. This gives a good overview on the economy (maybe also a special screen on finance).

I also think it would be nice if some trade improvements/buildings were linked to the tech tree.

One thing i don't like in many 4x is that they have only trade on specific ressources (let's say horses in CIV for example). I think there should two layers

- Normal commerce (like what we have in Horizon, Master of Orion etc.). This allows revenue.
- Trade for special items (horzes, dilitium or whatever). This allows the constructions of special ships, buildings etc.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Can trade routes be attacked at all? Commerce raiding obviously happens quite a bit in wartime, and I've always appreciated the few games that manage to represent this in some fashion.

Zaimat wrote:There is also a galactic market which dictates and displays resource prices based on supply/demand and the ability to trade directly with the market.

Along with more resource types and a more visible representation of trade/traders on the map.

Both these things make me happy. 8)

Anguille wrote:I do like the way trade is being implemented in Horizon (somewhat similar to the one in Armada 2526). What i would love to see is a window like in Endless Space 2 where we can see all the detailed information on what is being traded etc. This gives a good overview on the economy (maybe also a special screen on finance).

I also think it would be nice if some trade improvements/buildings were linked to the tech tree.

One thing i don't like in many 4x is that they have only trade on specific ressources (let's say horses in CIV for example). I think there should two layers

- Normal commerce (like what we have in Horizon, Master of Orion etc.). This allows revenue.
- Trade for special items (horzes, dilitium or whatever). This allows the constructions of special ships, buildings etc.

This pretty much covers everything else I can think of, Anguille (cheers!). I particularly would love to see something like the "two layers" you described.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

DevildogFF
Voyager
Voyager

Post by DevildogFF »

Great stuff! Sounds like the curtains are getting peeled back a bit. Will keep a close eye on these forums!
I founded and run https://www.eXplorminate.co - a 4X, Strategy, and Tactics Fansite