[1.0.0.92] Accidential invasion after fleet splitting

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.0.92] Accidential invasion after fleet splitting

Post by Xyquas »

I had a fleet of two troop transports in an enemy sector together with a fleet of eight war ships. I told the troop fleet to invade planet and activated the sector for cleaning enemy troops in preparation. After I gave my command I saw that one trooper will do and split the fleet by right clicking one of the troop transporters. I checked it's commands and it sayd "waiting". Then I hit the turn button, went through my combat eliminating enemy troops (on the next planet) and was very surprised when the invasion screen popped up: It used all the troops of both troop transports - which was definitely not what I intended to do. I thought by myself "Okay, maybe I forgot to change orders" and checked this after invasion was finished. Result: Only the transporter from the original fleet had the command of invading, the other one had the command to wait.

For the records:
It was a star system of 4 planets, 3 planets owned by the same enemy (Tantik) and one uninhabited. The system was known but not explored. Defenses on invaded planet were torn down the turn before.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)