Missing invasion

Report bugs or help with technical issues
User avatar
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor
Posts: 193

Missing invasion

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Well, after long preparations, I started full scale war with the Tantik.

And here is one strange problem arisen: I have two invasion fleets in totaly subdued Tantik system. I ordered smaller one to invade Hraztav I, while second must secure Hraztav IV.

During that, two strange things happened.

1. One of Tantik planets suddenly made space station. (How?! Every my system receive "Building is blocked", even if only one hostile ship in the system, and I have three fleets!)
2. After battle with this station, only one invasion continues: Hraztav I. Second invasion fleet went to the planet, but never landed.

What's wrong? Save sent to the support.

User avatar
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team
Posts: 1409
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Missing invasion

Post by Zaimat »

1. In saved game Hraztav IV isn't blockaded, I noticed you have some task forces on patrol order. Instead you want to orbit the planets to be near them for constant blockade.

2. I explain (see the support email) regarding the disrupted invasion attempt due to Tantik ship crossing sector during the turn which you can see is right above (Sector 3,45) moving downwards. I made a little change though so the order to invade isn't aborted any longer.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

User avatar
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor
Posts: 193

Re: Missing invasion

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:1. In saved game Hraztav IV isn't blockaded, I noticed you have some task forces on patrol order. Instead you want to orbit the planets to be near them for constant blockade.
Hmm. So it works _that_ way? Ok. It still bothers me, as I could observe different results with the enemies, where one ship totally blockading full 3-5 planet system... but I am not sure, and most of my systems now have full set of stations, so, well, it's for the future testing. Maybe. :)
2. I explain (see the support email) regarding the disrupted invasion attempt due to Tantik ship crossing sector during the turn which you can see is right above (Sector 3,45) moving downwards. I made a little change though so the order to invade isn't aborted any longer.
Thank you! :)

User avatar
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team
Posts: 1409
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Missing invasion

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:Hmm. So it works _that_ way? Ok. It still bothers me, as I could observe different results with the enemies, where one ship totally blockading full 3-5 planet system... but I am not sure, and most of my systems now have full set of stations, so, well, it's for the future testing. Maybe. :)
Orbit range is quite large so it's quite possible to have a fleet defending more than one planet just because of planetary positions if they are close enough. But if you set them to patrol they move and can't be certain of blockading (or defending).
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

User avatar
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor
Posts: 193

Re: Missing invasion

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:But if you set them to patrol they move and can't be certain of blockading (or defending).
Yes, I already realized that I had slightly mismatched concept in mind. Again. Thank you again for your explanation!