End movie for Kor'thahz

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

End movie for Kor'thahz

Post by Anguille »

Finished for the first time the Kor'thaz victory and really enjoyed the end-movie...excellent! :D
Last edited by Anguille on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: End movie for Kor'thahz

Post by Zaimat »

Grats on the achievement and glad you enjoyed it! Have you seen the Varaian victory end movie?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Not yet...it's my last quest. It seems to me that it's going to be more difficult.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

I've played a small map yesterday with the Lezgoons (nice ships and weapon). First was the Barsig quest...then i focused on the Kor'thaz....i managed to push them to the end with great losses (they have terrible weapons)....and when i was about to achieve their surrender, the Varaians destroyed their last planet. I though i would have to start all over again when i remembered that the Har'kan was also an older race....poor fellows didn't understand what happened to them....they were friends and now i was taking them out. Nice end video....!

I've finished all the quests finally.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Very nice!

Now that you have completed them if you have any general feedback on the quests as a whole feel free to share. :)
Mainly curious to know how much it enhanced your experience of the overall game and if you would definitely desire more quests or rather see us focus on other aspects in the future.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

First i'd like to thank again for such a rich and complex game. I really think it's one of the best 4x out there at this point. After more than 100 hours of gameplay (at least when i was online), the game really grew up on me even more during the last 2 months.

So here are some ideas about the game:

Quests:
They really add to the living aspect of game and make exploration a true objective especially as two quests lead to the final victory (which is great). On a small map, they are almost too fast to complete but on a big map, they are a true challenge. Not sure if the reward should be bigger on a larger maps. I would at least add a Human quest to complete (so that every race has it's quests). As now, i think that all the other quests are equally difficult and i would consider making some differences/graduation. Some could be a lot more difficult than others. Now, when you reach a certain level of tech, all the minor guardians/enemies are too easy to defeat (the other option would be to increase the strength of their ships accordingly to the tech level of the player if that is possible).

All in all, the quests really spice up the game and also gives some "Star Trek" feel in the sense that exploration really means something. If you would add up more quests i'd be very happy.

Having some kind of quests in the "normal" type of game would make it more interesting as well.

Diplomatic Victory:
I really think this should be improved. As per now, i still think it's a goal to difficult to achieve (maybe not in a small map).

I usually prefer large maps but at some point, when all research is done, all the planets are fully developped, i am not that happy with the neverending conquest just to get enough votes for the galactic Council. I know some people like total conquest but not me. In that sense, large maps with missions are fine (even if difficult) but large maps with Galactic Council victory are too long (imho).

I would also consider adding some more stuff to the Galactic Counsil (decisions etc) but i guess that would be a lot more work).

I will think about other things (while starting a new large game with less races) and make another post later on.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks Anguille, I appreciate a lot your feedback. It's nice to get more feedback on the questing/missions which is a significant part of Horizon.

I think the type of "open-ended" quests we have in Horizon work really well and I think other game developers have noticed that and have tried to do the same (see Endless Legend for example). But they are not easy to do because they require additional dev resources and 4x games are already very complex by their nature.

Re: Galactic Council victory. If I have some time I'll experiment with the current system but yes I also would like to expand on it and make it more like a United Nations type thing but that will have to be in a new game with a new design from the ground up to work proper.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:Re: Galactic Council victory. If I have some time I'll experiment with the current system
It would be cool, thanks.

Very curious what you have next for us. :wink: