Galactic Civilization 4 soon available (alpha)

Sci-fi topics of interest
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Galactic Civilization 4 soon available (alpha)

Post by Anguille »

Some heavy concurrence to Horizon 2 coming out next (additional to Distant Worlds 2). However, no tactical battles planned, which is good for Horizon 2.

Website

FAQ

Dev journal #1

https://youtu.be/0qPGcO514Us
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Galactic Civilization 4 soon available (alpha)

Post by Zaimat »

Looking forward to see what they do. They do look more like an iterative upgrade to their predecessors.

Horizon 2 will be different in that it's being built and designed new from the ground-up, so while some core tenets and lore will be familiar it will also be a substantially different game than Horizon 1.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Brad seems extremely open to ideas and is going to use everything that has been working on other games. It looks different enough from the privous games but keeps the same races etc.

I am tempted to jump into the alpha for GalCiv4 but not too keen to pay through Epic Games. Of course, i'd much rather be testing Horizon 2 if i could.
Last edited by Anguille on Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

You'll definitely be at the front-line for testing Horizon 2 as soon as I am ready to use the feedback properly.

By the way, we've been using the the Epic launcher for 7 years, since Unreal Engine (which we are using for the development of Horizon 2) was actually the first app on it. My games/apps library on epic store has since grown to rival that of Steam with no issues purchasing or running games.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

It's just that i already have GOG and Steam....i still have a couple of games on gamersgate as well. It's just too many tools one has to install/reinstall every time you've got a new computer. I guess at some point i'll get more games on Epic as well (my son is playing Fortnite on it and i have Old World on it). It seems they have more and more games but i don't think i can have more games there than on GOG (441) and Steam (187).

Hope you'll aim for a release on these 3 platforms.