Survey tedious

General Discussions
Cumberlow
Vanguard
Vanguard

Survey tedious

Post by Cumberlow »

Scout arrives at new system. Oh nooo, 8 new planets of selecting the scout, clicking order, clicking survey, selecting a planet, and then for the next 6 turns having to remember to come back to that scout, clicking through the planets to see which I have yet still to survey before starting the survey order procedure is very tedious. When you have 3 or 4 scouts out there I spend most of each turn on this nonsense. This game really needs an auto survey function that tells the player when it is complete and gives a summary and all I have to do is order the scout onto the next star.
Last edited by Cumberlow on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Survey tedious

Post by Lithari »

Or, just a survey system command. :)

NacNud
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by NacNud »

I thought the same thing till I read the manual.

When choosing the survey target, choose the star at the very top and the scout will automaticly survey every planet in the system one after another. Then you just have to keep a eye out for the when they are awaiting new orders ir if they find something on the turn summary.

Cumberlow
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Cumberlow »

Thanks for tip, will try tonight. It will save me a lot of time.

CyberMage
Explorer
Explorer

Post by CyberMage »

NacNud wrote:I thought the same thing till I read the manual.
Thanks for reminding me to read the manual. I was so eager to play that I skipped that less-fun step.

Good to know that the manual reveals useful information which goes beyond what one can learn during the tutorial missions and some improvised free-play.