Tech Tree & Construction

General Discussions
Haldiron
Voyager
Voyager

Tech Tree & Construction

Post by Haldiron »

Hi! As I was playing, I wondrously discovered asteroid mining from a dig. It was awesome. Joyfully I looked to see what this tech would do, and it... gives a bonus to industry production? No building... or clicking on an asteroid to mine it? Anything? - just a % bonus. It felt... dry.

Which leads me to my suggestion for the day - it would be AWESOME SAUCE if we could build deep space stations. Like having a construction module on ships a la Space Empires. With that, we could build stations on empty squares, or even construct artificial planets/system in empty squares. It could also allow mining rigs to be constructed on asteroid fields (that take up squares in the galaxy map).

Love the game so far, thanks for the care you obviously put into it.

crimsonsun
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Tech Tree & Construction

Post by crimsonsun »

i had the exact same feeling when I got asteroid mining last night, and said in a less well worded way exactly what you just did! It just seems that was some of the techs could do so much more than a % modifier. I also feel they need a lot more fluff text, I still do not know what one of my weapon techs actually does other than be stupidly expensive, which leads me on to Bio tech weapons - What the hell, how do they get built, in what forms do I get them and how do I use them? Or am I seriously missing something - I just read up on fuel and how cargo bays effect them elsewhere on the forum which my 12ish hours in game I had utterly failed to notice...

I am very happy with how this game is looking currently, but I really feel SOO much more could be done in regards to Technologies and how they are implemented in the game world, and with this change I think the game will become something that is truly AWESOMESAUCE.

crimsonsun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by crimsonsun »

Weapon technology Eremai Device - What does this do to justify its huge space & power cost? It says damage 7-10 or something at level 4, I simply cannot understand why I would build this since it requires 400 space and 1000 power for what? less than a light lazer. Also what the hell is it?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The Eremai Device is a 'special' weapon (sorry don't mean to be coy). I can't say much more without spoiling it for you so best to ignore it for now. Once the corresponding lore/content is enabled in the future it will be explained in-game.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

crimsonsun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by crimsonsun »

Zaimat wrote:The Eremai Device is a 'special' weapon (sorry don't mean to be coy). I can't say much more without spoiling it for you so best to ignore it for now. Once the corresponding lore/content is enabled in the future it will be explained in-game.

Well you may not have answered my question but I am very much intrigued by your answer, that I am going to rush build one soon as I am next in game... I want to know god damn it! lol.

StaticSins
Voyager
Voyager

Post by StaticSins »

I too would like to see a bit more depth here. Just like in other recent games you could mine plants, asteroids, and so forth. Not just limited to planetary colonies and outposts (which I just upgrade to colonies immediately).

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Its most probably one of those powerful weapons, like a planet killer or something.