Maintenance Costs

General Discussions
FlyMario
Voyager
Voyager

Maintenance Costs

Post by FlyMario »

I have been playing a bit now and been trying to build a solid economy. I wanted to build a Starbase but cant wrap my head around something.

How do you know what the maintenance cost is per turn? I can't seem to find a place to spot it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

FlyMario

awe man.. sorry its in the wrong forum.

Marrow
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Maintenance Costs

Post by Marrow »

As far as I can tell you cannot see the maintenance costs before building something. For a starbase, hold down shift and scroll over it after you have completed construction.

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Zalthun »

FlyMario wrote:I have been playing a bit now and been trying to build a solid economy. I wanted to build a Starbase but cant wrap my head around something.

How do you know what the maintenance cost is per turn? I can't seem to find a place to spot it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

FlyMario

awe man.. sorry its in the wrong forum.

You can see the cost per turn in the ships list. Starbases and ships are listed there.
Emperor PayPatine out!

Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Xenotron »

As far as I understand, the maintenance cost is usually multiply by 2 when you upgrade something. There are some exceptions like Entertainment structures. Can't understand any logic there.
But definitely, player really needs to have information about maintenance cost for future structure before upgrade, not after...