Communication & Race interface - some humble recommendations

General Discussions
Spaceman_Spiff
Voyager
Voyager

Communication & Race interface - some humble recommendations

Post by Spaceman_Spiff »

Brilliant game, first of all, great fun.
1. When there is an incoming communique from someone wanting me to declare war on another empire, I cannot tell what the status is between me and that 3rd party. Would be nice to have access to that info in the comms interface, say a dropdown like the legend in the main screen. That is, would like to see colour/logo/name of race asking and colour/logo/name of 3rd party and simple status of us and them like the races screen.
It's reasonable that a factotum or other minion would be scribbling down advice to me about how a declaration of war on our ally might be misinterpreted as unchumlike behaviour or a thoroughly serendipitous opportunity, so the info would be on hand in a real discussion. Or the minion might be playing out a dramatic charade off-camera and out of view of the party seeking to curry my assistance, gesticulating wildly about what a dumb idea it might be, or not.
2. I cannot see the name of the race I am talking to in that interface. It is sometime suggested in the text of the introductory remark from the other party, but would be nice to see it above their head.
3. can the races screen please display the same colours and logos of the races that appear in the galaxy screen? verrrry easy to get confused about who is who in the xenozoo.

Cheers

angelofwrath
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Communication & Race interface - some humble recommendat

Post by angelofwrath »

I agree it can be very hard to make decisions under these circumstances and I too have run into these issues. I like your ideas.