Vanguard

Too many clicks

Post by Cumberlow »

1. Click on scout
2. Click on orders
3. Click on move order
4. Click on destination
Scout moves hoorah...

Thats too many clicks, it should just be no.1 and 4. Am I doing something wrong?

Spazticus
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Too many clicks

Post by Spazticus »

Keyboard shortcuts help. Click on the ship or fleet, press the key for the desired action (e.g. O to Orbit, C to Colonize, M to Move, etc.) and then click the target destination.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

Cumberlow wrote:...Am I doing something wrong?
Nope, that's the way the system is built at the moment. The problem being context and panels being in the way (when zoomed out, the task force panel is often obstructing nearby destinations, when in move mode, that panel will disappear when you hover over it).

We've thought about adding a 'right click' for quick move, but right click is currently used for 'cancelling' task force, dragged ship, and order selections at this point.

As noted by Spazticus, you can use the shortcut keys to shorten the number of mouse movements/actions (replace 2 and 3 with a keyboard press of 'm')

Thanks for the feedback, we would like to make this part more convenient as well.

gwgardner
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gwgardner »

Why not have a default order? If the most commonly used order is move, then let it always be in move order until the player selects a different one. First click, the orders menu appears, with default on 'move.' Then step 2 is always eliminated, and steps 2 and 3 most of the time. I think.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

gwgardner wrote:Why not have a default order? If the most commonly used order is move, then let it always be in move order until the player selects a different one. First click, the orders menu appears, with default on 'move.' Then step 2 is always eliminated, and steps 2 and 3 most of the time. I think.
That is how we had initially built it, however, if the move is the default action, you will never be able to interact with the panel unless we remove the 'hide' feature (this causes other frustrations with it being in your way pretty often)