How to make the game harder

General Discussions
Teepu
Voyager
Voyager

How to make the game harder

Post by Teepu »

I don't see difficulty settings and every time I play I just out expand the AI until I am far too powerful for them to even stand a chance against me.

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to make the game harder

Post by Fairin »

right now this early i alpha you have to self limit. try never building a colony, or not useing motherships, or both. declare war on the ai the moment you see them.

pray they dont use my gameplay as the hard mode computer =P
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Some AI improvements are coming very soon in the testing branch. This first pass should increase the game challenge level by fixing some issues holding the default AI back currently.
Fairin wrote:declare war on the ai the moment you see them.
Declaring war on the ai immediately is good advice if you want more of a resistance.
pray they dont use my gameplay as the hard mode computer =P
That's a great idea! In later stages we will be adding the different AI planners (personalities), if you define a distinct method and it's AI adaptable we could make the 'Fairin advisor (strategist)' or the 'fairin tactician' based on that..
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fairin »

we could make the 'Fairin advisor (strategist)' or the 'fairin tactician' based on that..
quote my brother: "oh god no, you want to punish these people? that setting better be toggleable off"

me: i could write that out and Slipsilk could have a cat in game .. well . drakitty =P
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin