FIXED - Beta v4.57 - Test branch - Bug Report

Anything related to the test branch versions
CrispyMouse
Vanguard
Vanguard

FIXED - Beta v4.57 - Test branch - Bug Report

Post by CrispyMouse »

I'm playing the humans and customized them to have a different starting planet type. Earth changes to correct planet type but the image for Earth remains the same (Terran).

Seems to be a bug. But it is possible that it is because the Sol System is hard coded.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Beta v4.57 - Test branch - Bug Report

Post by Lithari »

Yeah, thats likely the case, i mean i don't think they expected a player to be human and want a non-terran world as their homeworld.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

I'm forced to admit that I've failed to anticipate this scenario (though it seems so obvious now), thanks for the report CrispyMouse.

CrispyMouse
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by CrispyMouse »

None of the other race's have a metallic homeworld, and I like the Terran picture the best.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

CrispyMouse wrote:Seems to be a bug. But it is possible that it is because the Sol System is hard coded.
It was due to the sol system having a different set of textures than the generic types everywhere else and this was being accounted for when terraforming for example but not when the player changed the starting type.

We have fixed the bug for the next test branch v4.59. Thanks for the report!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Grogger wrote:I'm forced to admit that I've failed to anticipate this scenario (though it seems so obvious now), thanks for the report CrispyMouse.
I tend to pick Metalic as my homeworld when i create a race similar to the borg, well as similar as possible due to the lack of a true assimulation feature.