Ship movement and orders discrepancy

Feature requests or ideas
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Ship movement and orders discrepancy

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

I just caught one thing that bothers me since start of the game, but is too subtle to actually notice it before.

When I am moving, it seems that I have some place inside sector that is my final destination (and I cannot choose it manually, it seems). Ship is finishing moving only after it achieved this point.

But actually ship is inside sector much faster (like, 1 turn faster) - and if I'll catch it during this movement and change order to something more meaningful (i.e. colonizing, surveying, refitting, etc) - it will work right now - not one turn later.

It's essentially means for me that manual management is more effective here than automatic - and it looks not fair, because it must be equal here.

So proposal: can you make ship to move right to the sector's edge and immediately clear "movement" order after crossing the sector border and finishing movement for this turn? (Of course, it's for the case when it is the sector that marked as destination). It will be more logical for me, and will remove existing discrepancy.

Thank you.