Strange AI behavior

Report bugs or help with technical issues
FirroSeranel
Explorer
Explorer

Strange AI behavior

Post by FirroSeranel »

I had neutral relations with the Varaians.

I sent a Large-sized ship, and a colonizer to a new star for the first time. It turned out to be one of their systems.

They introduced themselves with a wary greeting I assume: "Our interest in you is waning..."

And then proceeded to give me the system.

And after, they were happier, and liked me more!

Not that I'm complaining about a free star system, but... there was no particular reason for this to happen.

Also, the AI doesn't seem to mind at all if I colonize worlds in their systems, in fact, they seem to like it in the case of the Lezgoon. Of course, I don't think we're interested in the same kinds of worlds at all, and I suppose it does provide more trade... but that's unusually non-xenophobic, especially for a race whose flavor text in their communications indicates a taciturn and mildly xenophobic outlook.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Strange AI behavior

Post by Zaimat »

Not that I'm complaining about a free star system, but... there was no particular reason for this to happen.
We are keeping an eye on AI behaviour about giving systems..
Also, the AI doesn't seem to mind at all if I colonize worlds in their systems, in fact, they seem to like it in the case of the Lezgoon
This was fixed on Alpha v2.32+ by adding encroachment and tresspassing assessments.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf