The game will not start.

Report bugs or help with technical issues
lyquid69
Voyager
Voyager

The game will not start.

Post by lyquid69 »

:cry: I cant get into the game anymore. There was an error after i saved and got out of the game. Now when I click to play it gives this to me. :cry:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Horizon.exe
Application Version: 0.0.3.40
Application Timestamp: 51faaa2b
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 65746365
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

I am not sure what to do. Please help lol.... I'm addicted to taking over the universe! :mrgreen:

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: The game will not start.

Post by Zaimat »

I have responded to you via email, it looks like a file corruption or windows preventing data execution according to the windows error msg above.

Can you clear-up if the issue is happening when you try to load/continue a game or right at the launcher when you hit play?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

lyquid69
Voyager
Voyager

Post by lyquid69 »

Thanks for the quick response. The Email helped a lot. The blue screen has happened 3 times since I have started playing. So it would make sense that the memory dump corrupted the save file. The game works if I start a new game. The error only happens if I try to reload my saved game. (so I will not be loading it anymore lol) The blue screens are concerning though. I am not sure if that is on my end or not but I only have ever had that happen with this game. (I appreciate the link for the help on the blue screen to see if that works) The other thing is I can save a game with no problem if I do not have tons of fleets on the map but as soon as I put a lot of fleets (way to much overkill) it will blue screen after i save and select to leave the game.
I am not seeing anyone else with this problem so it's probably me.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

No problem.

I checked the saved games attached in the report. The slot 1 save was corrupt but the autosave from the turn before loaded successfully (if you wanted to continue that game). You can also restore it from the error Report attachment in my email, just copy Slot_000.hs file in your documents\horizon game\saves folder.
The other thing is I can save a game with no problem if I do not have tons of fleets on the map but as soon as I put a lot of fleets (way to much overkill) it will blue screen after i save and select to leave the game.
Can you reproduce this every time or over 50% of the time by following these scenarios?

1. Load the autosave from the turn before, save in a slot, load the new slot saved to verify, exit game. Try again a few times.

2. Load the autosave from the turn before, save in a slot, exit game. Try again a few times.

3. Load the autosave from the turn before, play 1 turn, save in a slot, verify new slot, exit game. Try again a few times.

4. Load the autosave from the turn before, play 1 turn, save in a slot, exit game. Try again a few times.

If you send the windows mini-dump (C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini080213-01.dmp) I can take a look and may be able to give you further advice, or if you send me what the blue-screen viewer reported.

I could not reproduce any crashes with your autosave with the above scenarios.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Btw, you can always reduce the resolution of the game (use the same resolution ratio but run it at a lower resolution, such as 1366x768 or 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080. This will reduce the load on your video card (if it's an older card) and it could help with such issues (if the problem is with video drivers/overheating). What many games do is by default they use the lower resolution unless you increase it where as we default to your native (best quality).

Note: You can press Ctrl+F to toggle the FPS monitor in-game.