Broken Economy

Report bugs or help with technical issues
S-P
Explorer
Explorer

Broken Economy

Post by S-P »

I've noticed that if you go to war or destroy an enemy my treasury goes from a positive income to negative, in some cases the treasury doesn't update. This only happens in cases of going to war. In my latest game I had positive income of 400bc and that dropped to -163bc after I wiped out an enemy, there shouldn't be a reason for this to happen as I don't have any trade treaties with any other factions.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Broken Economy

Post by True_poser »

It just dropped down in one turn?

If not, hover your mouse pointer over the money counter, a more detailed list of profits and expenses will be shown.
Maybe ship maintenance.

S-P
Explorer
Explorer

Post by S-P »

I'm aware of that, that's how I have been tracking my expenses. What I'm trying to say is my income just suddenly goes into the red when I go to war or end a war. If I have a positive income one turn and in the red the next turn there's got to be something wrong, I cant lose a 400bc income in one turn just for going to war or destroying an enemy. :x

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

That's really interesting, trying to reproduce...

Daggath
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Daggath »

Hopefully it is not something maybe with losing a lot of tourism $$.
Granted I am not sure if a hostile enemy allows people to tour enemy planets for fun.

S-P
Explorer
Explorer

Post by S-P »

Don't think you can have tourism with hostile factions, besides I'm playing repulsive race so I can't have any form of treaties unless they want to start one. All factions hate me so it's unlikely I have any trade/tourism with them.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

S-P wrote:Don't think you can have tourism with hostile factions, besides I'm playing repulsive race so I can't have any form of treaties unless they want to start one. All factions hate me so it's unlikely I have any trade/tourism with them.
Well, its not that they have to request it, you need to be on friendly terms prior to doing anything, which is why i think repulsive races are best for warmongering, where peace is never going to happen, because as a repulsive race, a peaceful game is virtually impossible or immensely difficult because without the ability to give gifts to the AI races, war is unavoidable, because the AI move towards you prior to meeting you and then once encountered they go out of their way to expand towards you, which ultimately makes them hate you for being so close to them, which then results in them becoming hostile and then declaring war and thats just for being there.

I do think the developers need to change how they are affected by your expansion, not about the speed of it, but where you expand, i think that the AI should only get miffed if i colonize a world in their systems (the systems they colonized first), otherwise there should be no relationship decay because of that, also the AI should be unable to enter our territory and we shouldn't be allowed into their's, if we explore a system for the first time and its one of their's, it should automatically move us to outside of it.

Thats what i think.