Disappearing in a puff of smoke

Report bugs or help with technical issues
eidolad
Ambassador
Ambassador

Disappearing in a puff of smoke

Post by eidolad »

Whether enemies, or my ships, or planets, or starbases, I've noticed that infrequently, there will be an unexpected kill.

Say a ship (say a cruiser with 1400+ hull) will take a "large point hit" and disappear. Or when I'm in the process of trying to whittle a planet's garrison down, I've "overbombed" the planet with a single attack.

What I suspect is happening is that there are a "stack of hits" occurring, and we only see the "last one in the series" displayed as a damage value. if so, it would be more informative to have a stack of numbers appear and fade, like:

500+ (with the + indicating a critical or terminal hit?)

...with the top numbers fading just as the bottom numbers appear...as if the values are "scrolling up". That way, at least we can understand how that hits add up a dead ship.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Disappearing in a puff of smoke

Post by Zaimat »

eidolad wrote:Whether enemies, or my ships, or planets, or starbases, I've noticed that infrequently, there will be an unexpected kill.

Say a ship (say a cruiser with 1400+ hull) will take a "large point hit" and disappear. Or when I'm in the process of trying to whittle a planet's garrison down, I've "overbombed" the planet with a single attack.
Currently for each weapon slot the total damage is shown when fired (whether 1 or more emplacements), the damage should always be showing, the only ones that don't show are the bleed/burn effects (dot: damage over time). I suspect this is what happened but I'll keep an eye on it.

As for planets being overbombed, this should only happen after the platform is destroyed on the next attack (if multiple slots of bombs fire from the same ship in the same attack round for example).
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf