Bugged missions

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

Bugged missions

Post by Xenotron »

Have met 2 issues so far with game's missions:
1. Pirate and his eggs :mrgreen: . Ok, I found eggs of aqua race and chose Option 1. From mission text it should be "Here are your eggs, I expect that our relations will be improved". In reality my relation with this race get worse... So, it's either bug in options (1 and 2 swap their places) or a bug into diplomatic AI or mission code (like "+20 to relations" turns into "-20").
2. Scavenger race and its quest. Quest is to either increase trade volume with them or to pay % tribute to some character in order to get boost for researchers. There are 3 options - to agree with that character, to refuse and to postpone our decision.
I took 3rd option and was said to come into specific place if I decide to accept his proposition.
In reality, I finally established trade relations and even alliance with this race.
And nothing happened...
Haven't tried to visit that greedy person yet, but I thought that I already increased trade volume to the required level and wanted to proceed with that option...

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Bugged missions

Post by Grogger »

Hi Xenotron, thanks for the report!

I have looked into the pirate and egg mission (Gargal), and it seems to be working properly. There are cases where other activities can surpass the reward and dive into negative faction (trespassing, combat, passive disinterest/dislike [this relates to matchmaking philosophies, such as agrarians vs warriors = dislike]).

The scavenger race (Barsig) quest, it requires that you reach a trade agreement with the Barsig and build trade buildings on ALL of your colonies. While testing your scenario though, I did notice that to trigger the reward dialogue, you need to re-enter the Barsig sector (I will look into fixing this).

Thanks again for the report!

Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Xenotron »

I have completed 2 missions with the eggs so far. Both were completed at the time when I was already in alliance with Gargals. And both times when I chose Option 1 my relations dropped ~ at 1 cm on the screen. All other times my relations with this race were on the highest possible level, even when they declared me to stop my expansion :mrgreen:

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

Hi Xenotron,

Thanks again for reporting this, I finally came across the scenario in which it happens. The issue is fixed for the new version coming up (0.0.3.35)