Financial Screen

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Amadeus
Voyager
Voyager

Financial Screen

Post by Amadeus »

Hi guys,

first of all I am new and I like the game so far. I write a little AAR in German here

http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/view ... 37&t=13880

Two things that may be better in the game.

1) There is no zooming in combat as I see so far. This is real work at the moment.
2) The financial part must be overworked I guess

This tiny screen isn't very helpful. I run out of money two times. I don't find hints about maintenance, when producing ships or starbases. What are the costs for a new planet establishment? When I saw the alert for money problems it was too late in my case. Are there interest to pay? Why do I have negative income at all?

Cailean556
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Financial Screen

Post by Cailean556 »

Negative income is realistic...it represents that your government has had to 'borrow' money, and in order to return to surplus you need to pay that back. I do admit that it would be nice to have an indication as to how much maintenance a vessel or station incurs per turn. I'm sure if you looked at your ship maintenance cost pre and post build, you'd be able to work it out but having in front of you would help a lot more as even an interstellar government needs to be provided with a cost estimate. to forecast the budget.

As for establishing a planet, that is definitely expressed. When you set up a new outpost, the planetary income will be at a negative on the planetary screen - this is implying that your outpost is actually costing you money as it does not produce or contribute any resources and therefore is not self sufficient. As you build facilities (especially trade and tourism but the others as well, except for research, provide some income) your colony begins to collect taxes and contribute trade and tourism earnings, thus making you money. The build cost and build time per facility are also stated below the Build button.

Hope that helps.

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CellNav »

Amadeus wrote: 1) There is no zooming in combat as I see so far. This is real work at the moment.
Hi Amadeus ... Yes, we need the ability to zoom out one level.
Amadeus wrote: 2) The financial part must be overworked I guess

This tiny screen isn't very helpful. I run out of money two times. I don't find hints about maintenance, when producing ships or starbases. What are the costs for a new planet establishment? When I saw the alert for money problems it was too late in my case. Are there interest to pay? Why do I have negative income at all?
Open the Task Force Screen (hot key F), and you can see the MAINTENANCE cost, Starbases cost 2bc per turn. It would be nice if we knew that beforehand :) because if you don't have a Starbase to begin with it won't display the cost on the task force screen ... Catch 22.

I did the same thing you did, I lost money on my first play through. Since we now know it cost 2bc, I wait until I have at least 3bc income before I build my first Starbase.
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Amadeus
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Amadeus »

OK guys, I have played some more games but I still need more input while playing. What I need is some clear information what I am going to build and what maintenance this will cost me. Watch this
On the first picture I see that 1.9bc of maintenance occur. bc is more than mc right? 1900 mc maintenance but what for. Trade, Government, Entertainment, Farming (a bit cheaper right), factories, research. How much trade could I generate when building a trade center instead of a trade dock.
In the next pic I already have a trade center but only 839 mc trade. The upper planet has 856 mc thru a trade dock. Costs are 9 respectively 10bc. Couldn't it be shown how much output (when ready), fix costs directly and building costs and maintenance costs a building create. Can I easily see what benefit "ancient world" mean. I think finance is a big issue in this game, sorry.

Biscuitism
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Biscuitism »

Amadeus wrote:Finance is a big issue in this game, sorry.
It's not a HUGE issue, but you're right that it needs some more indication on what you're spending on as far as maintenance. It would be nice to have a single menu just for that instead of going to that menu Cell mentioned. Actually, fleets/ships could use a better menu for that matter.