Stargates

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
lyquid69
Voyager
Voyager

Stargates

Post by lyquid69 »

I'm not understanding how to warp from Stargate to Stargate. I finally find the tech and can't use it :shock: . I have looked in the game manual but there are no specifics and also tried to find links to get the information on what to do exactly. So I guess what I am asking is... CAN SOMEONE BREAK OUT THE CRAYOLAS FOR ME!!! :mrgreen:

p.s. I did see the Stargate thread in the game play section but it was not specific. I have had fleets in the system with a stargate and clicked to other systems with stargates and they did not use them. I also made the fleets orbit the planet with the stargate and clicked for them to go another system with a stargate. So there it is in a nut shell.

Thanks for any help.

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stargates

Post by Madbiologist »

The travel is not instaneous (or either 1-turn only), I forgot how it takes but it pretty much makes all travel be equal to that time no matter the distance. If conventional "flight" was faster, your ships would use that.

If you still not using the gate network and get travel times that are longer than 3 turns, not sure what is happening, perhaps a bug?

Hopefully, someone with more experience with them can help you.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Once you build Stargates at 2 or more systems, you just set your move order on the Galaxy Map and the task force should take the shortest path (which is usually through the Stargate).

The only scenario I can see this failing is if the path to the Stargate is completely blocked but that seems very unlikely.

Can you send us a report from the launcher (it will include the saved games) and I can take a look at it. Please provide the task force / system where you are trying to move from.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

lyquid69
Voyager
Voyager

Post by lyquid69 »

I already erased the saved games from my file. I will recreate what i did with another game. Just to clarify though... I owned all the map and had massive fleets. I was sending from one side of the map to the other and the fleets moved as if there were no stargates. all planets in every system had stargates. I will do what you guys said again and if it doesn't work I will send the saved game to you Zaimat.

Thanks for the quick response as always. This game is awesome.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

OK, will keep an eye on this to see if it's a bug.Thanks for reporting! Btw, the game keeps the last 10 autosaves (you only see the most recent in game but the files are in the saves directory) so if you just deleted it, it's still retreivable.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf