Problem with Kamzak mission: "Heart Crystal"

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Hawkeye
Voyager
Voyager

Problem with Kamzak mission: "Heart Crystal"

Post by Hawkeye »

After receiving a report from one of my captains that he made contact with the Kuntari mercenaries and tried (unsuccessful) to talk to them, I also get the hint, that they are orbiting a planet in sector 2, 27.
The problem is that I have colonized that system quite a while ago (I am now in 2273 and 2,27 was the 2nd system I colonized) and there are no mercenaries in that system.

I tried to "Engage Sector" and also moved a fleet out of the system and back in, but got no result on both tries.

So either I am missing something obvious here, or there is a bug (probably, the program should choose a non-colonized sytstem as the location for the mercenaries?)
"Tell the King: After the battle my head is at his disposal, during the battle he may allow me to use it!
GenLt. Seydlitz to Frederik the Great after disobeying an order to attack

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Problem with Kamzak mission: "Heart Crystal"

Post by Zaimat »

Welcome Hawkeye!

You should still be able to continue the mission if you Orbit the planet with the mercenaries.

If you have surveyed the system, from Planet/Colony view you can also right-click on the planet icon to see the survey info which will show the mercenaries on the 4th planet (based on your saved game).
Hawkeye wrote: (probably, the program should choose a non-colonized sytstem as the location for the mercenaries?)
This can be an issue in some games when many or all planets are colonized. But we can certainly improve this to show easily where the mercenaries are (an indicator on the galaxy map, planet list with a tooltip to indicate it clearly the action required).

I saw you had issued a report about this but we didn't have your email to respond (reports are anonymous by default unless an email is included). I'm glad you posted here. Let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Hawkeye
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Hawkeye »

Ok, TG 13.1 is in orbit over Barnards Star VI (Re-named the system in 2,27 to Barnards Star)
Barnards Star VI shows the "Specials Report" window in the planets display screen, but the window is empty.

The only message I got was, that TG 13.1 has arrived in oribt of Barnards Star VI, nothing else.

Barnrds Star I, III and V show nothing special (well, No. III has Monuments, but that´s it)
Barnards Star II and IV are colonized by me.

Just to make sure, I formed three TGs and ordered them to orbit the three other un-colonized planets as well --> nothing

Then I ordered them to orbit my colonized planets, and what have you, I got a message from the mercenaries.

Now, while the original problem is solved, if the mercenaries are indeed in orbit or on the ground of a planet, I have settled some 50+ years ago, I sure whould have thought my colonists (and the fleets I build there (given Barnards Star is one of my construction yards) would have noticed them.

If the message is a delayed reaction to my TG orbiting Barnards Star VI, then a message in the "Specials Report" window seems to be missing.
If there should be a specials report message for either Barnards Star II or IV, then, once settled, that message can no longer be seen due to how the colony screen omits that kind of information.

Re. my bug report via the in-game report system:
I didn´t include my e-mail, ´cause I intended to make that post right after the report, but I didn´t receive the activation mail (tried three times the "resend activation mail, but still got none) and today pretty much out of desperation tried to log-in even without activating my accout and what have you, it worked :)
"Tell the King: After the battle my head is at his disposal, during the battle he may allow me to use it!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The Mercenaries are on Barnard's IV. You can see them in the 'Specials Report' (before you orbit/talk to them) from the colonyView, by right-clicking on Barnard's IV at the top. (yes, that right-click isn't obvious, we're gonna add a button to make it so.)

Also the kuntari mercenaries isn't meant to be hidden info, if a planet is surveyed/colonized there should be an icon indicating their presence, which is missing now but we plan to add. That should help resolve this :)
Hawkeye wrote:I didn´t receive the activation mail (tried three times the "resend activation mail, but still got none) and today pretty much out of desperation tried to log-in even without activating my accout and what have you, it worked :)
That is strange, did you happen to check your spam folder to see if the activation email was there? I activated your account manually this morning since it looked legit.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Hawkeye
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Hawkeye »

Adding a button would be good, I would never have tried _that_ :)

And no, nothing in my spam folder either. Hm, might be my provider, as he has a pretty good spam filter on his end, even though I had never issues with not receiving anything I _should_ receive.