New thoughts, after several more games

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
dstar
Explorer
Explorer

New thoughts, after several more games

Post by dstar »

• It's not clear what the difference is between 'poor', 'abundant', and 'rich' planets. Obviously it affects industry, but how exactly?
  • It's not clear how you specialize planets for research -- if you don't build industry, it takes forever to get the research improvements built
  • There's not enough difference between ship sizes, since you can't pump out more than one of any given size class per turn (actually, this deserves a post of its own, now that I think of it -- I'll make one)
  • Money is too powerful, making it too easy to get large projects completed; for example, it's trivial to complete a huge ship in one turn if you have the money. In the original Master of Orion, you could transfer reserves to a planet, but it would at most double production, which made building a huge ship feel like an accomplishment (at least until the endgame). Maybe you should only be able to cut build times in half with money?
  • There should be a 'retreat' option for e.g. ships that have fired all of their missiles, so that I don't have to hit 'Done' a dozen times for ships that can't do anything anymore in combat.

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New thoughts, after several more games

Post by Fairin »

the economy is deffinately not balanced right now, and you wouldnt make so much money per turn if you had to devote entire fleets to sector defense if the AI were a little more hardcore. =)

although supporting 50 motherships with earth , mars and a large tundra is a little obcene (pre terraforming.. dont even get me started on that -.-)
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

jamesek
Voyager
Voyager

Re: New thoughts, after several more games

Post by jamesek »

well economy is definitely not balanced.. but.. I get it for now...
the thing is the lack of information of what it actually is supposed to mean.. I dont mind if it doesnt work properly now.. but lets say "rich" is intended to give you a +50% bonus to industry... it would at least give us some clue of what they intend it to be.. then we can give some feedback about it..
generaly speaking... devs... I think you should put more stats to everything.. dont make it work for now... at least thats what I think...