Research options

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
jamesek
Voyager
Voyager

Research options

Post by jamesek »

Hi plp... so my first playthrough is over... I have read most of the topics here and most suggestions I support.. this one I havent read...

I dont like the way you assign preferencies to research branches... I would like more flexibility in that... why put 10% to something, I know, I dont need right now... ok.. I can understand that sometimes and even logically, you cant stop a whole branch of researching something... because in reality.. it would set you back and not on hold...
but.. after finishing a branch... still 10% to it?...

or have I missed something.. like where to actualy assing my exact preferencies

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Research options

Post by Zaimat »

jamesek wrote:I dont like the way you assign preferencies to research branches... I would like more flexibility in that... why put 10% to something, I know, I dont need right now... ok.. I can understand that sometimes and even logically, you cant stop a whole branch of researching something... because in reality.. it would set you back and not on hold... but.. after finishing a branch... still 10% to it?...
Thanks for the feedback about adding more flexibility in the allocation, we will consider it although as you noted realistically a branch is always active thus there needs to be a minimum allocation.

Agreed that after finishing a branch you shouldn't have to still spend 10% on it. The way we plan on it is that it would be practically impossible to research everything in a branch to the maximum, obviously right now research just like the economy is not quite in balance so this is pretty easy to accomplish.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

frostlad
Voyager
Voyager

Post by frostlad »

Personally, the flexibility that I'd like is to be able to focus on 2 or 3 things in a branch (equally is fine with me) instead of my only options being 1 item or all items in a branch. That would solve a lot of the problems for me.

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madbiologist »

That could work, but I probably would leave it to up to 2 or 3 items within a field tops. Also, have what the focus of one be split between these 2 or 3 items, meaning, the net ratio that gets distributed across the rest stays the same.

Example: Lets say a focus is 75% to one tech, with 25% spread out to the rest within a field. So you could have 1 at 75% with the rest getting 25%. Or you could assign three 25% focuses (thus using up your focus of 75%), with the rest still getting 25% (but now there is 2 less to distribute it across).