clicking 'done' after round

General Discussions
gwgardner
Explorer
Explorer

clicking 'done' after round

Post by gwgardner »

After clicking on 'done' to go the next round in the engage system view, the view always jumps to Earth, whereupon I have to hit 'done' again to actually increment the round. Is this as designed? If not, what's the purpose of having to hit 'done' twice?

HeinzHarald
Voyager
Voyager

Re: clicking 'done' after round

Post by HeinzHarald »

It only does that if you are in the Sol system right? I suppose it's part of the "move to your next unit" function, though I'm not sure what point Earth would serve in a combat situation. Perhaps it does that in case you have defenses that you can control?

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

The system is currently set up to focus on the next unit in the area, regardless of possible actions (planets and stations can be controlled by players, since they can have defenses as you mentioned). One way to counter this is to use the 'task force lock', to only control one task force at a time (the ai will automatically control all of your other ships outside of this task force).

Thanks for posting, I've noted the confusion/irritation the system could cause

gwgardner
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gwgardner »

Thanks to both for the explanation. Now I do recall the 'lock' mentioned in the tutorial. Perhaps simply add, for the tutorial, a comment that without the lock the system will jump to other forces before actually completing the round.

Related to this, when I see the term 'autoplay' I think of the system continuing action for all the remaining rounds. In fact, autoplay appears to mean that the system terminates all action and the remaining rounds are skipped. Am I wrong?

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

gwgardner wrote:Related to this, when I see the term 'autoplay' I think of the system continuing action for all the remaining rounds. In fact, autoplay appears to mean that the system terminates all action and the remaining rounds are skipped. Am I wrong?
Your first instinct was correct, the 'Auto' mode will play out the remaining rounds automatically, but if there are no actions to take it will quickly end the tactical combat phase.

gwgardner
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gwgardner »

Grogger wrote:
gwgardner wrote:Related to this, when I see the term 'autoplay' I think of the system continuing action for all the remaining rounds. In fact, autoplay appears to mean that the system terminates all action and the remaining rounds are skipped. Am I wrong?
Your first instinct was correct, the 'Auto' mode will play out the remaining rounds automatically, but if there are no actions to take it will quickly end the tactical combat phase.
thanks for the explanation. I hope in the future then that the system will let us see the action as it transpires during the remaning rounds when autoplay is in effect.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

gwgardner wrote:...I hope in the future then that the system will let us see the action as it transpires during the remaning rounds when autoplay is in effect.
It should already be doing this, if any action were to occur in the current sector